Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Planta Eolica

This week I have no school because it is Semana Santa (Holy Week), so yesterday, I went on a day trip with Lupe and some friends to the Planta Eolica, or the big wind-mill things that create energy. IT WAS GORGEOUS! The view was breathtaking. It has also been EXTREMELY hot, so going up to the Planta Eolica was a nice cooling break-aka if you don't bring a sweatshirt you will start to shiver! There isn't really a significant meaning why I am posting about this specific place, I have been to plenty of places in Costa Rica, which I haven't blogged about. But I think the difference with this, is that it is a place that is unbelievable cold, and has a view that is one of the most hardest things to describe. Also, I think it just made me think about home...which is hard for the weather and the surroundings to do! When we were there, Lupe and I and her friend kinda snuck into a forest, we were definite hardcore "trail-blazers"! But yesterday was gorgeous, and usually tourists don't hear about the planta eolica, because most people just go to the beaches, but if you ever want to see a breath taking view, go there! 
The view...this picture doesn't even begin to capture what we saw

The wind-mills that produce energy

Me with Lupe in the forest

Me, our friend Tury, and Lupe

No comments:

Post a Comment