Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mi familia

Words can't describe how much I love my family here. It may be weird for people to read this, who have never lived with another family, and yeah, it kinda is weird to think that after 7 months, I think of these people as my for real 2nd family. Coming here, and having to live with people, I have never met, was a struggle. I didn't know what to do at all....."should I sit down or just walk around like I need something.." -It was a bit awkward! And it was hard, I was homesick, but now, I don't think I could have asked for a better, more loving, accepting, happy, amazing family. I am one of few exchange students, who actually call my parents, "Mami" and "Papi". I am really close with my family, I can talk to them about anything, and all of them are so unique and close to my heart. My sister Lupe is crazy! She is fun, and creative, and loves to just hang out. I really consider her as a sister, and as a friend. My brother is a rocker, legit there isn't a moment when he doesn't have his guitar in his hands! It is great to always hear music in the house! My dad is hilarious! He is always cracking jokes! And my mom, is one of the most loving, caring women I know. I love her to death, and in reality, it's going to be really hard when I leave these amazing people. Not to mention my cousins, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents here, and all my friends! Family life here is all about togetherness. The family lives close together, aka our neighbors are our aunts and uncles, and pretty much almost everyone in Puriscal is related to my family! So, to just sum up this entire thing, basically my family is just awesome!
The fam, minus my dad who is taking the picture! 

My cute baby cousin!! 


My dad

My mom with her niece and nephew

My aunt and I

My cousin, Lupe, me, and a friend

Isaac, one of the craziest, most amazing little cousins in the world, Lupe and I

My mom with one of the cats that live by the house. She named it after my brother, Van, and the two others are named after my sisters, Megan and Josie!

My dad, me, and my mom

My cousin, my aunt, Lupe, me, and my cousin 

Rafa (my brother) and I

My cousin Diana and I

Lupe and I

Me, my cousin Miguel, and Rafa

Well...here are a few random pictures!

2 comments:

  1. What do most people call their host parents when they first arrive? I feel like Mr. and Mrs. are just too formal for people that I'm going to be with 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first met my host family I asked them what they wanted me to call them. They told me that I could use their first names, Isabel and Rafa, or I could call them Mama and Papa. I decided to use the latter. Obviously it was a bit weird the first couple of weeks calling strangers Mom and Dad, however over time they became my parents, and I feel like it totally strengthened my relationship with them. However, it is a total preference thing, whatever you feel most comfortable with, go for it!

      Delete