Monday, March 11, 2013

Just a Dream


Who would have known, a year and a half ago, I would be here, In Costa Rica. It is so amazing. No, amazing doesn't even begin to describe my experiences here. I really do feel blessed, to have such incredible people here with me, and such a supportive family back home not to mention the great friends! You know, in the beginning, it all just felt like a mirage, like it wasn't even real. I would wake up in the morning, and say to myself, "Wait...I'm in Costa Rica!" Now, it just feels like I have lived here forever!
How I got this idea to be a foriege exchange student, honestly I don't even remember. One day it just popped up in my head, and my Dad helped me from there. At first I wanted to go to Portugal, because my family has friends there, but then it changed to Spain, and from there, I found AFS and I chose Costa Rica, and I don't think it could have been a better idea. It was hard yes, but working for something you really want is hard. So, to all those, who wish they can do something, or be someone, go for it.

-"Aim for the moon, if you miss, you may hit a star."-W. Clement Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment