Thursday, February 7, 2013

Reasons why I love Costa Rica

I've decided I'm going to write a list, aka Part 1, of why I love Costa Rica so much. This place is my new home, and I can't imagine leaving, because there are so many amazing things here.
\
  • The people: The people here are some of the nicest, most caring people in the world. They make sure you are happy, and they have some of the biggest hearts.
  • The food: Words can't describe how well-fed I am here!
  • Nature: There is green everywhere! I feel so tropical because of all these different plants and flowers. 
  • The sky: That might sound a bit weird, but the sky is SO BLUE! And at night, you can see millions and millions of stars, and in Seattle, seeing maybe 20 stars is a rare treat. 
  • The animals: One of the coolest things in the world, is driving with the family, and then all of a sudden you hear monkeys-it is amazing. And they are super friendly too, and veryyy talkative! Also, my neighbors have chickens and roosters, and its pretty funny just seeing them walk into our yard. 
  • SUN!: Yes, that is always so nice, to wake up to sun every single day. I'm pretty sure when I go back to Seattle I will be having sun withdrawals. 
  • Being able to swim in a pool every day
  • Going to the beach whenever I want to 
  • Sunsets: The sunsets don't last long, but if you are at the beach during sunset hour, it is one of the prettiest things in the world.
  • The music: There is so much culture in the typical music, and then there are so many different types, and whenever you hear music here you want to dance.
  • My family and friends
  • The random things you find: I was driving in Punteranus, and there was a gigantic sculpture of a dinosaur, I guess Jurassic Park was filmed here. 
  • Being greeted wherever you go: When you walk down the street in the US, or your neighborhood, you don't usually stop to say hello, but here, you start a full on convo and everything!
  • Volcanoes 
  • Pinata: If you have a reason to use a pinata, it is used: birthday parties, school dances, graduations, neighborhood party, party, party, party, party, party!
  • Waterfalls
  • Hammocks: They are legit everywhere!
  • Surfing!(: 
  • Horses: I love horses, and a lot of people own horses, so I have gone riding a lot!
  • Spanish 
So that's all I've got for right now, but I'll make another one later adding onto this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment