Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Empieza de Quinto!

On Monday, I returned to school with all my classmates and started the new year. I am in the last year of high school here, sooo I have a new uniform!! At first I thought it was super ugly, but then I saw the uniform of the other high school, and it looks like they are the conductors of a train....so now I am quite happy my uniform is what it is!

White blouse, wine-red pants, brown shoes

I haven't done much in school, but it's the first few days, and I wouldn't exactly expect a lot. But one thing that really makes me think is almost every single teacher has told the students they need to really start thinking about their future, which really scares me because I have NO IDEA what I want to do.....ahhhh!!! 

So, my summer vacation is over, but that doesn't really mean anything because it's still super hot and I swam in the pool this morning, so I still feel like I am in vacations! I didn't exactly do everything I wanted, aka teach English classes, or do a surfing camp, but I did travel a lot more than I thought I would. I went to Mira Valles, and went in the mud baths, I went to Playa Conchall, one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. I went to Guapiles, and rode horses all day long, and also went to Tortuguero. To top it all off, I went to Manuel Antonio, which is one of the cutest touristy towns I have ever been to! Also during the summer, I really grew closer with my family, not only my Mami, Papi, and siblings, but with my aunts and uncles and cousins. It was a great way to really start to understand the culture in Costa Rica. I remember when I first came here, I thought that the culture of Costa Rica was very similar to the culture of the US, but that is so wrong. 

Anyway, I am back in school, I have a whole new group of classmates, and I know, these next months are going to fly by fast. I am excited, but devastated at the same time, haha, it's kinda hard to describe! But, until next time, adios y pura vida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment