Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ahhh!!-the grounds moving!

Earthquakes. That is one thing that is really frequent here! And since I have only experienced one earthquake in Seattle, having them here is really exciting! Now, I know that's a bit bad to say, because they are destructive, but it is an act of nature, and it really is an experience that makes you appreciate life, and the world! Since I've been here, there have been about 7 earthquakes, but I've only felt about 4 of them. I live in Puriscal, which is in the mountains, so it is a lot more calm, and there aren't as many plates under us, as for example, Guanacaste! But the ones I have felt were pretty strong and really exciting! I remember my first earthquake, and I was on the 2nd floor of my school, and the floor started moving and at first I thought it was a joke, but then I looked out the window and I saw a sign moving-and then everyone in the room started screaming and running around, and I just kinda stood there laughing! Who would have thought the people who lived with this their entire lives would be scared, and a newbie would be as excited as ever! My second earthquake I was sitting in my house with my family, and all of a sudden the lamp above our heads was moving, and my mom started screaming and everyone ran outside, and then it stopped. All the other earthquake stories are like that, except one night I slept through one haha!
Apparently, there have been a lot more earthquakes this year than the past year, and my family and I always joke about, "Ohh Costa Rica is excited to have Abby here!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment