Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Playa Dominical

The beach has got to be one of the most relaxing places on the planet earth-it doesn't matter which one you are at, it is sooooooooo calming! And this past weekend, my Mami, Lupe, my cousin Oscar and I went to the beach, Dominical. It was for my Mami's birthday, so on Saturday morning we all got into the car with our friend Diego, and were off to Puntarenas and made our way to Playa Dominical. We stayed at a beautiful hotel! And the beach was only 100 meters away so it was very close. The thing about this beach-it screams surfer. The waves are raaddiicaall! But seriously the waves are GIGANTIC, and the only people who were in the water were surfing, because it was a bit dangerous to get in. So we decided to have a picnic there, and then spent the rest of the time in the pool! The next day we drove to Parrita, to my Mami's brother's house. I think I sweated at least 3 pounds that day-it is ridiculously hot. Thank goodness when we got to their house, they had fans everywhere, but you could still feel the heat sitting and waiting to grab you! 
Anyway, the weekend was nice and relaxing. I had fun spending time and traveling with the fam! But now, I only have 3 weeks left, and the reality is starting to sink in. Am I really ready to go? I'm not exactly sure. I am over excited to see my friends and family yes, that is the truth, but I am scared to leave the family and friends I have made here. Coming here, I knew I would return in 11 short months, and wooaahhh has the time flown by. But now, I don't know when the next time I will see them, and that's what scares me. Everyone here asks me if I will come back to visit .... I mean it seems like a pretty obvious answer to me- YES!
My cousin Oscar, Lupe and I.

The pool

A surfer

Lupe and I

My Mami and I

No comments:

Post a Comment