Sunday, April 28, 2013

AFS dinner

One of the really cool things about AFS, is there is always something going on; you are always meeting, or interacting, with new people. Well, on Saturday, I, along with 4 other exchange students went to a very special dinner that AFS was hosting. There were AFS ambassadors from Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Italy, and of course Costa Rica. Not to mention many volunteers who help out in AFS, roughly there were around 80 people that attended the dinner. It was very formal...very, very formal. The exchange students and I went to, I guess you could say, "entertain" everyone, but really, it felt more like we were demonstrating what we have done here, how we have grown, and what it means to truly immerse yourself in the culture. I sang "Eres Para Mi", while my friend Matti from Austria played the guitar. The other exchange students did a typical dance. I think we all felt really happy we went, and honestly it was an honor to meet a lot of the people there, especially the ambassadors.
Digna, Shey, Jonathan, Me, Matti (Austria), Hannah (Germany), Carmen (Germany), and Erica (Italy).

The typical dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment