Saturday, August 25, 2012

One month!

I can't believe I have been living in Costa Rica for over a month now! (5 weeks)-how crazy is that! It seems like yesterday I was just meeting my family for the first time! But in a way I do feel at home here! I am really starting to feel a part of the family, which makes me feel a lot more confident about the 10 remaining months I have here! (also I have noticed I have making my posts really long so I will try and contain this to a decent length!)

So to catch everyone up this has been a VERY fun week! On Wednesday I left for Hotel Tambor with AFS, this super fancy all-inclusive resort on playa tambor! It.was.gorgeous. I was in heaven! But the really nice thing about it was I was able to just sit and relax, something I haven't been able to do that much. I could just sit and soak up some sun and it was soo nice!! On Wednesday, we left at 2:30 in the morning (Yes, 2:30 in the morning-crazzyyy!!!) to catch a 5:00 ferry ride! It was about a 70 minute ride so we were able to sleep some more and watch the sun rise! Then we took a bus to the hotel and WOW WAS IT AMAZING! The pool was gigantic, the beach was gorgeous, there was so much food, and the rooms were super cute! It was a great little vacation!

 
The sun rising while on the ferry
 
(from left to right): Maura, Hanna, Hannah, Sophia, Me, and Emma at the pool!
 
La playa!!
 


After Tambor, we went to a beach called Puntarenas! This is me with my friend Hanna from Sweden!
 
Okay so back to being here for one month-it is so weird to think of all the things I have already done here! Sometimes I don't even believe it was I having these amazing adventures! Did I really go zip lining? Did I really go galloping in the wind on a horse on the beach?(; These amazing things that I would never have done anywhere else, and it makes me so much more excited for what is to come!
I am really feeling a part of the family now. I have met a lot of family members, and there are a lot more to come (my parents both come from families of 12+ children) but the people I have met are friendly and caring. Of course, I help around the house by cleaning the dishes, sweeping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, and making sure my bedroom is nice and neat! My sister and I are really close now, it is as if we have known each other our entire lives! We joke around all the time!! Being here is one of the best things that have ever happened, and I am so ecstatic to continue my adventures, so until next time, pura vida!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment